Cookies on oxfam
All profits from the sales of our goods go towards funding Oxfam's work around the world. We rely on your donations to sell online so please keep the cycle of goodness going!
To find out more about volunteering with Oxfam, please visit our how to volunteer page. Oxfam Books and Music shop in Bedford town centre offers a wide selection of books, maps, music, stamps and collectables.
- The Secret History of the Blitz by Joshua Levine (Hardback, ) for sale online | eBay.
- Secret History of The Blitz by Joshua Levine Hardcover Book!
- The Secret History of the Blitz?
- Thiol metabolism and redox regulation of cellular functions?
We stock a wide range of books from modern paperback fiction, classic literature and non-fiction including military history, cookery, religion, academic, transport, gardening, art, children's and local interest books. We have modern pop, rock and contemporary music and a large selection of classical vinyl, CDs and sheet music.
The Secret History of the Blitz
We recycle damaged books that cannot be sold and use book covers and illustrations to make a unique range of handmade cards. We can arrange to collect large quantities of books and music from donors located in Bedford. View Shop. Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International.
The Secret History of the Blitz - Joshua Levine - Google книги
No hassle returns. We stock s of unique items Our volunteers are listing s more daily. Free Uk delivery on all gifts Or you can add a donation at checkout Personalise your gift at checkout Add a personal message, ecard or card front Add a 'Little Extra' at checkout Add-on gifts available including chocolate!
Shop finder Help Oxfam GB. Men's features Fashion blog. Shop by age - boys months years years Shop by age - girls months years years.
- Yikes! Its Due Tomorrow?!: How to Handle School Snafus (Go Parents! Guide).
- Independent culture newsletter?
- The Secret History of the Blitz | Oxfam GB | Oxfam’s Online Shop!
- A Windows NT™ Guide to the Web: Covering browsers, servers, and related software;
- The secret history of the Blitz : how we behaved during our darkest days and created modern Britain.
- Human-Computer Etiquette: Cultural Expectations and the Design Implications They Place on Computers and Technology (Supply Chain Integration Modeling, Optimization, and Applications)?
- The secret history of the Blitz.
Explore Seasonal sale Gift guide View the whole range. Charity gifts Bestsellers All charity gifts.
Shop help Help Contact the shop team Delivery information Returns policy Privacy and cookies Terms and conditions of sale Find a local shop. Keep up with Oxfam's Online Shop Subscribe to our newsletter for all our latest updates, offers and promotions. Share this product with your friends and family! Facebook Twitter Googleplus Pinterest Email. Joshua Levine's thrilling biography rejects the tired arguments and reveals the human truth: the Blitz was a time of extremes of experience and behaviour.
People werepulling together and helping strangers, but they were also breaking rules and exploiting each other. Life during wartime, the author reveals, was complex and messy and real.
From the first page readers will discover a different story to the one they thought they knew - from the sacrifices made by ordinary people to a sudden surge in the popularity of nightclubs; from secret criminal trials at the Old Bailey to a Columbine-style murder in an Oxford college. There were new working opportunities for women and the appearance of unfamiliar cultures: whilst prayers were offered up in a south London mosque, Jamaican sailors were struggling to cross the country.
See a Problem?
Unlikely friendships were fostered and surprising sexualities explored - these years saw a boom in prostitution and even the emergence of a popular weekly magazine for fetishists. On the darker side, racketeers and spivs made money out of the chaos, and looters prowled the night to prey on bomb victims. From the lack of cheese to the decreased suicide rate, this astonishing and entertaining book takes the true pulse of a 'blitzed nation'.